Chesterfield Hockey Association Learn to Play
Thank you to everyone who participated in our Winter Learn to Play session. Our Spring Learn to Play session is being scheduled and registration will be opened soon. The schedule is listed below. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Chesterfield Hockey would like to thank the St. Louis Blues 14 Fund for their support of our Initiation Programs and youth hockey in all of the St. Louis area.
Chesterfield Hockey Association is pleased to offer a comprehensive Intiation Program that introduces children ages 4-10 of all skill levels to the game of ice hockey. CHA serves the following zip codes assigned by the Missouri Hockey Youth Division; 63005, 63011, 63017, 63025, 63038, 63040, and 63069. In addition, families in open zip codes or unassigned zip codes can also affiliate with CHA. A complete list of the zip codes assigned to each organization can be found on the MO Hockey Youth Division website at http://www.mohockeyyd.org/.
Winter Learn to play session:
Saturday, March 2nd, 8:20am - TIME CHANGE !!!!
Spring Learn to Play session: (tentative)
INITIATION PROGRAM - GOALS: Our goals are to develop a fun and learning experience in a safe environment. We will help the child build self-confidence while teaching fundamental skills and introducing the concepts of cooperation and fair play.
Saturday, April 6th, 9:00am
Saturday, April 13th, 9:00am
Sunday, April 14th, 9:00am
Saturday, April 20th, 9:00am
Sunday, April 21st, 9:00am
Saturday, April 27th, 9:00am
Sunday, April 28th, 9:00am
Saturday, May 4th, 9:00am
Sunday, May 5th, 9:00am
Saturday, May 11th, 9:00am
The FOCUS of our program is to develop basic hockey skills including skating, passing, puck handling, turning, stopping and shooting. Each skill is introduced and practiced in a progressive "one step at a time manner". Children learn through participating in practice drills and informal modified games under the direction of USA Hockey Certified On-Ice Coaching Instructors.
All players must register with USA Hockey annually for insurance purposes. The cost is $47. Read more about the USA Hockey membership.
- Go to www.usahockey.com and click on the “register online” button.
- Choose member type: Ice Player & Coaches.
- Check the “I am currently 18 years of age or older” check box.
- Select the correct season – 2012-13
- Follow the prompts, fill in all data correctly. Be sure to choose MO as the state your team is based in. (this is step 4 of the registration process)
- Checkout – Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express (credit or debit cards) are accepted. You will be paying for the IMR number (Individual Membership Registration) which is for insurance. This payment is only for the IMR and not the CHA club fees.
- You may print your Confirmation page at this time. It will also be emailed to you immediately after the registration is completed. Take a copy of the confirmation when you check in with CHA Hockey at the rink. You will need this hockey insurance number when you register.
CHA offers equipment rental for $150 deposit. The deposit is refunded upon return of ALL equipment!
Rental equipment consists of:
- Elbow pads
- Shin guards
- Shoulder pads
- Hockey pants
- Hockey gloves
- Neck guard
- Hockey equipment bag
Equipment Rental DOES NOT consist of:
- Protective cup
- Hockey socks
- Mouth guard
Learn to Skate - Participants should have completed basic skating lessons before registering for Learn to Play. CHA recommends ice skating lessons through the staff at the Hardees Iceplex (www.hardeesiceplex.com). Please contact Melody Carper at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 636-537-4200 ext. 3012.
All Initiation program questions should be directed to: Rich Meek (email@example.com)
We look forward to seeing you at the rink!