Flag Football 2017
Parents, Sponsors and Student Athletes,
I am pleased to announce that our middle school grade levels (7th & 8th) for JCYA Fox and Seckman teams have joined the Suburban South Conference. Now our children will be even more aligned with both High School programs. This took a lot of work and planning by our board and I know it will help make both Fox C-6 programs stronger. More changes to come as we continue to improve the health of our football programs in our area.
President of JCYA
FLAG FOOTBALL REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!!!
JCYA Aztecs Flag Football
Registration Dates: Jan. 9th – April 1st
Season will run from April 22nd – May 20th
Game location will be Fox HS Varsity Football Fields
Team Divisions: Divisions/Times
K-1st Grades (9am & 10am)
2nd-3rd Grades (11am & 12pm)
4th-5th Grades (1pm & 2pm)
6th-7th Grades (3pm & 4pm)
8th Grade (5pm & 6pm)
***Divisions and Times Subject to Change Depending on Registration***
All Players get a Dry-fit Shirt with Number.
5 Weeks of Double Header Games every Saturday. read more ...
Equipment and Uniform Return
Equipment return dates from 9am-12pm at the JCYA field.
Please leave Aztec, Jaguar, and Warrior decals on the helmets. If you have name or reward stickers please remove them. Also, please wash your uniform before return.
NEW JCYA WELCOME SIGN AND BANNER!!
SPIRIT WEAR ORDERS
The parent/spirit wear orders are due Thursday August 18th.
PRACTICE FOR WEEK OF AUGUST 15th
Due to the excessive amount of rain the work on the practice field has been delayed. Practice this week will be as follows.
K-5th Aztecs and Cheerleaders will practice at the JCYA game field.
Jaguars 6th-8th will practice at Seckman JV Field.
Warriors 6th-8th will practice at Fox upper soccer field.
JCYA IN HOUSE TEAMS ONLY WEIGH IN
We will have a weigh in tonight 8/10/16 for JCYA in house teams only at our game field. Please make sure you bring a copy of your players birth certificate, 4th & 5th grade will also need a copy of their report card.
The schedule is as follows.
6:00pm- k/1st (Coach Art)
6:20pm- 2/3rd (Coach Pat)
6:40pm-2/3rd (Coach Josh)
7:00pm-4th (Coach Stranger)
7:30pm-5th (Coach Mason)
PRACTICE WEEK OF AUGUST 7
We have a company donating more time to improve our parking lot at our practice field this week. In order to stay out of their way we are going to move practice for this week only.
The week of the August 7th:
K-5th Aztecs will practice at the JCYA game field.
Jaguars 6th-8th will practice at Seckman.
Warriors 6th-8th will practice at Fox.
I have talked to the HS Coaches for both Fox and Seckman and they are going to take advantage of this time to visit each of our feeder teams.
The week of the August 14th we will all (K-8th) be back at our practice fields in Arnold park.
I apologize to those parents with children needing to be in two places at once. I know this is an inconvenience but it's just for 3 practices then we will all be back together.
President of JCYA
PRACTICE FOR 8/4-CANCELED
Due to the heat index we will be canceling practice for Thursday 8/4/16.
*****Registration extended for one more week*****
We extended the price of registration for one more week. Late registration will begin August 1st and the price will go to $250. Be sure to get registered this week! Practice will remain at Fox High School for this week. Equipment handout and exchange will be Tuesday and Thursday at 5:30-7:30 at the soccer fields this week.
July 21st Mini Camp
Tonight's mini camp will be moved back to 7-8:30 because of the heat. Please make sure your player is hydrated and brings plenty of water.
SATURDAY JULY 23RD 9:00a.m.
Please take some time to head down to the JCYA practice field behind the dog park in Arnold and help us clean up the practice field and get it ready for practice.
Mini-camp begins July 19th at 6:00 p.m. at the Fox High School upper soccer fields.
Mini-camp will be no pads July 19, 20 & 21.
Full pads camp will begin Tuesday July 26th.
Flag Football Schedule
Looks like we are over 250 kids in flag this year. We had to combine a few grades in order to make the number of teams as big as possible while still ensuring each team will have enough kids to play each week.
Double Headers Every Saturday at Seckman High School Football Field. The Divisions and Times are as follows.
# of Teams
Players per Team
9am & 10am
8 on average
11am & 12pm
8 on average
1pm & 2pm
10 on average
3pm & 4pm
9 on average
5pm & 6pm
7 on average
There will be a Coaches Meeting at First Baptist Church in Arnold RM 01 at 7pm on Monday 3-28-16.
During this meeting we will:
1) Go Over League Rules
2) Finalize Coaches/Teams/Players
3) Q&A on everything Flag and JCYA
You will be notified of which team you are on by April 2nd by your coach.
JCYA NEEDS YOUR HELP
JCYA is an organization providing football and cheerleading to over 300 area youth. The extreme flooding of the Meramec River on December 30th and 31 flooded the field and destroyed all the football equipment (helmets and shoulder pads), the concession trailer, freezers, and lawn mowers. We are raising funds to replace the destroyed equipment and make sure that JCYA can continue providing this service to the youth in the community. If you would like to donate please go to https://www.gofundme.com/bahk3jr9.
Equipment return Saturday, December 5th from 10:00a.m.-1:00p.m. at the JCYA fields. Please remove all stickers and decals from any helmets.
Saturday October 31st Playoff Schedule
RAFFLE TICKETS DRAWING OCTOBER 17
Raffle tickets are due October 15th, we will be drawing a winner October 17th. You can turn your raffle tickets in at the JCYA concession stand.
Schedule and Standings
You can see the updated schedules and standings by clicking on the appropriate link.
Jefferson County Youth Football Conference (House Teams) SCHEDULE & STANDINGS
Gateway Football League SCHEDULE & STANDINGS
Follow us on Twitter @JCYAFB and Tweet your Scores!
Click on Logo above to link you to Twitter
2015 Tackle Football Schedule
read more ...
Sign up to Receive Text Messages
Just a few Notes/Reminders.........
Great first night of football! Just a few quick items to discuss:
1. No smoking at JCYA. A lot of the signs that we used to have hanging around the area have blown away in storms during the off season. I would prefer to not post signs all over the area telling people what they cannot do, I would prefer to create a more positive environment. I know that we ask smokers to go outside the gate to smoke but keep in mind sitting along the fence 20 feet away does not help the cause. These players are athletes now and the last thing they need while they are sucking wind is to be breathing second hand smoke. If this becomes an issue we will have to ban smoking on the entire property.
2. Please pick up after yourselves. We do not have parent volunteer/workers on weeknights to pick up trash like we do on game weekends. Police your area and the area around you please.
3. We will have concession open starting next week during practices with a limited menu of snacks, drinks and candy.
4. We are still in the process of cleaning up the area at the field. We are a little behind because of all of the rain and the amount of work that has to be done for such a large area.
5. The last equipment handout is Sunday from 5:30-7:30pm. This will also be the cutoff to register. You must be registered to get equipment and you must have equipment to practice next week. Mouth guards are mandatory next week as well.
6. If you see something that needs to be done and you possess the skills to do it, let a board member know and we will coordinate to help get it done.
7. We are in the process of acquiring a new scoreboard and hope to have it in before opening weekend.
8. We have a lot of new players and families to JCYA this year. If you have old practice pants, or Jerseys you can share please bring them to help out the new players. A lot of players have pants from previous years they no longer need, don't let them go to waste!
8. After team rosters are made official your teams will be ordering uniforms in a hurry to get them before the first game. JCYA has a policy that team uniforms may not exceed $100 out of pocket. If your team is ordering uniforms that exceed this they must provide fundraising options to keep your out of pocket expense below $100. Any questions, contact a JCYA board member.
Most of this info pertains to those of you practicing at Fox & Seckman on our 6th-8th grade feeder teams also.
If you have any other questions not covered here email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or see me at practice.