In order to participate in New Melle Sports and Recreation activities, every family must perform work duty (2 Four-Hour Shifts per season). Work duty is necessary to maintain the association's facilities, operate special events and to staff the concession stand. The concession stand provides a valuable service to our families and is an important source of revenue for the association. It helps keep league fees down and provides for many of the facility improvements. During registration, each family will be asked to choose between Grounds Work Day, Concession Stand/Festival, or Buyout.
If you choose to work, PLEASE WRITE DOWN the dates you choose on your calendars. It is your responsibility to remember what date you signed up for and to show up.
*Note that work duty assignments are per family and not per child. So, if you have more than one child in the association, you are not required to perform additional duty.
Concession Stand Shifts:
- Shifts: Shifts are available from April -July and are scheduled as follows: 5:30-9:30pm (Monday-Thursday) and on Tournament weekends shifts will be available on Fridays (5:30-10pm), Saturday & Sundays (varius shifts between 8:00am and 8:00pm) *Times subject to change.
- Duties: Duties include food preparation, selling food and beverages, stocking shelves, and cleaning concession area and restrooms. You must be 18 years of age to work the concession stand.
Tournament weekends are listed below:
- March 17-19
- April 6-9 USSSA Heartland Challenge
May 4-7 USSSA Heartland Classic
- Date: TBA
- Duties: Days are set aside to prepare the park for the new season by making renovations and repairs. Be prepared to work and must be flexible on work date due to weather postponements. If you have a piece of equipment that could be used during Workdays or have a special skill that would benefit the NMSR facility, please let us know.
- Dates: Week of June 15-17th
- Duties: Days are set aside during the first part of the festival week and Sunday for Festival Grounds Workdays. Additionally, 4 hours shifts during the festival will be available to help run a booth or event.
Exemptions for the Work Duty Policy:
- Coaching: Two Coaches (1 Manager and 1 Assistant Manager) from each team will be exempt from Work Duty.
- Buyout: Although we rely on your help to run NMSR and would prefer to have you work an assigned duty, you can choose to buyout of your Work Duty. If you choose to buyout, you must indicate this at time of registration and pay $80.00 during the registration checkout.
*If you are unable to work your assigned duty, it is your responsibility to find another NMSR family or friend to trade the shift with. If you fail to satisfy the requirements of the Work Duty, a buyout fee of $80.00 will be charged to your credit card.
Your help is greatly appreciated!