Registration and Fees
Registration for the 2016-2017 recreational program is now open. The fee schedule is as follows:
- Rec program Grades 2-12 only is $135 per child
- Instruction Clinic Grade 1 (age 6 by Dec 31) only is $70 per child
- Travel players have additional fees.
- No player will be considered "registered" prior to payment of the registration fee.
- We will not guarantee placement for registrations received after October 1.
- High School team players MAY NOT participate simultaneously in the WHCYBA Recreational Program.
In order to promote evenly-balanced teams, all Recreational Program players in grades 2 thru 12 will have a skills evaluation in mid-October. The schedules for the evaluations will be posted on this site in early October. Grade 1 players will not be evaluated.
Games and practices are held in Western Howard County schools.
- Grade 1 players will be assigned to teams based on proximity to schools.
- Grades 2 and 3 will be assigned to teams based on proximity to schools, however skill evaluations may also be considered.
- Grades 4 thru 12 team placements will be determined on the basis of ability and height.
- No guarantees will be given as to school locations for practice or game play.
Rec teams are formed in late October via player drafts.
- Starting in November, each team in Grades 2 thru 8 will hold one 1-hour practice per week on weeknights starting at 5, 6, 7, or 8 pm.
- Grades 9 thru 12 and Grade 1 do not practice.
- Rec games and the instructional clinic will begin the first Saturday in December. Games or clinics will be held every Saturday and/or Sunday through February, except for the Christmas-New Year holiday weekends.
- No guarantees will be given as to play days or times.
- For additional information about the Rec program, click the Rec Program link on the top menu.
Travel team tryouts are held in September.
- Check this site in late August for dates, times and locations.
- Registered players requesting travel will received email notification of tryouts.
- Travel and Middle School players may NOT participate in the WHCYB Recreational Program
- For additional information about the Travel program, click the Travel link on the top menu.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
To receive a refund, having no participation in practices or games, you must notify the WHCYBA in writing by the start of league play in December 2016. An administration fee of $15.00 will be withheld from all individual fees refunded.
In the event of inclement weather, call the Howard County Inclement Weather Hotline, 410-313-6827, to find out if the schools have been closed. Note that school activities may be cancelled but unless the message states that community activities are also cancelled, our basketball events will be held.
Feel free to contact the league for additional information.
Western Howard County Youth Basketball Association Inc.
P.O. Box 245
Glenelg, MD 21737
(Call to Fax)